Three Things Homeowners Should Know About the Plumbing
It’s almost back-to-school season, and everyone knows what that means! Time for many to get some education, and why not brush up on plumbing basics? Here’s an overview of some important things people should know about their plumbing to help it run smoothly and efficiently.
Plumbing Fixtures Can Save Water and Money
Plumbing fixtures refer to anything that’s connected to the home’s water pipes. These parts usually serve one of two purposes: bringing clean water into the house or taking dirty water out. However, plumbing fixtures can also come in water-saving models that help homeowners conserve water and save on water bills. Some examples of water-efficient plumbing fixtures include:
- Water-saving showerheads: These devices are becoming increasingly popular because they save water and money without sacrificing water pressure.
- Water-saving toilets: There are many types of water-efficient toilets, such as dual flush toilets and gravity-assist toilets.
- Water-saving faucets: These faucets work like water-saving showerheads and save water without sacrificing water pressure, typically through the use of aerators.
Identifying a Plumbing Problem
Homeowners should use their best judgment when identifying a plumbing problem so they can get issues fixed by a plumber as soon as possible. Getting a plumbing repair handled quickly is crucial before it can waste more money and cause more damage. Some signs of a plumbing problem that needs professional attention include:
- Foul odors coming from the sink’s drain
- Water damage near the home’s baseboards or ceilings
- Low water pressure
- Higher-than-usual water bills
- Faucets that don’t dispense water
- Toilets that don’t flush
- Discolored water
- The home’s floors are wet or sag
- The sound of water running when no water is being used
Many things in life have a way of fixing themselves. Plumbing problems are not one of them. To prevent a problem from worsening, homeowners should contact a plumbing company as soon as possible.
Plumbing Maintenance Is Key to a Healthy Plumbing System
Routine plumbing maintenance by a professional about once a year is vital for plumbing systems and leads to many benefits. Maintenance can extend the life expectancy of the plumbing, help prevent problems, and help spot any issues that need to be repaired before they worsen. During maintenance, plumbers can do many important tasks for the plumbing, including:
- Testing the home’s water pressure and making changes accordingly
- Inspecting the home’s plumbing fixtures
- Removing sediment buildup in water heaters by draining and flushing the tank
- Replacing the water heater’s anode rod if it has worn out
About JD Precision Plumbing Services
JD Precision Plumbing Services is a local plumbing company serving Spring and the surrounding areas since 2010. They offer honest pricing, strong communication, and the latest technology. Call them today for plumbing services in Spring, TX.